CREDI invites applications for its paid Internship Programme. CREDI internship program provides students with a unique research experience that introduces all aspects of social science research and includes supported exploration of a research query from research question to a report, as well as data management training, and focused methodological education in quantitative and qualitative research. Interns will be involved with the CREDI current projects to gain practical skills, have access to the CREDI library and various publications, have access to Data Archive for Social Sciences in BiH (DASS-BIH), participate in CREDI events and meetings and thus gain an insight into the interdisciplinary work done within the social sciences. They will have the opportunity to interact with researchers in the social sciences across Europe and worldwide, establish key contacts with the possibility of study visits to partner institutes in other countries. During the internship program, interns are expected to improve their knowledge and skills in the social sciences, as well as in project management.
Duties and Responsibilities
Tasks performed by interns vary according to the needs and ongoing projects of CREDI. The intern is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Collect, assess and analyze the data relevant to CREDIs’ project outcomes and outputs, including academic manuscript preparation;
- Prepare reviews, compilations, extracts and summaries based on the already-available literature and reports;
- Assist in the organization of and participate in conferences, workshops and meetings;
- Draft reports and minutes, edit documents and translate BHS/English;
- Assist in web editing and social media/blogging;
- Carry out other tasks assigned by CREDI Executive Director or Director of Research.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants are expected to:
- Be a final year undergraduate or graduate student in any field of social sciences;
- Be familiar with statistical analysis, and understand the general process of scientific research;
- Be a proficient user of English;
- Be available for internship for at least 4 weeks;
- Have computer literacy in standard Office software applications;
- Have strong oral and written communication skills;
- Have knowledge of some statistical package (e.g. Stata, SPSS), which will be considered an advantage.
Terms and conditions:
- The monthly fee for participants in the CREDI student internship program is 300,00 KM;
- Interns will be provided by the in-house training and access to library and data;
- CREDI accepts interns for a minimum of 4 weeks and a maximum of 4 months. Please indicate the preferred duration of your internship in your letter of application;
- Interns are expected to work full-time, but flexibility is allowed for their education programme;
- The Internship Programme may lead to further employment with CREDI, and will depend on the performance of the candidate closely monitored by the mentor assigned;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent CREDI in any official capacity.
How to apply
Candidates are invited to send a motivation letter (stating the desired CREDI research areas/projects of interest and preferred period of practice), together with a full CV (both in English), to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All interested candidates are invited to submit their applications as soon as possible because the evaluation of applications and selection of candidates will be done within a few days after receiving each application.